We celebrate with these seven young men as they affirmed
their baptism this morning (9/13/20) at a special 10:15 service with their families:
- Malcolm Clark son of Jason & Buffy Clark
- Kyle Cox son of Dean & Beth Cox
- Landon Hall son of Darrick & Holly Hall
- Easton Prull son of Dionne Prull & Ryan Prull
- Grayson Weers son of Nic & Heather Weers
- Zach Yates son of Doug & Carrie Yates
- Cole Welter son of Bob & Julie Welter (unable to attend today)
Thanks to Brooke Holub and volunteers for running our virtual Vacation Bible School during the week of June 22-26. On Friday afternoon the group gathered for in-person lessons, music, games and crafts. Pool noodles helped with indoor spacing! The theme was “Make a Splash!”
Pre-pandemic General Information: Middle School (5th-8th Grade) and High School (9th-12th Grade) Youth Groups start up each year in September. The First Wednesday of the month is Confirmation Faith Formation night from 7-8 pm (after church). The Middle Schoolers meet on the 3rd Sunday of each month from 5 -7 pm for Club 35. The High Schoolers meet before school each Friday morning at Java Jones in Monticello.
Traditionally there have been many other activities throughout the year for both youth groups. The annual Middle School lock-in at UNI, Bible Camp opportunities at EWALU, various service work opportunities, and ELCA National Youth Gatherings are some examples.